8th Floor, General Mustafiz Tower, MIST.
Mirpur Cantonment, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
ResearchGate Profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Tanvir_Mustafy
Google Scholar Profile: https://rb.gy/0lkq7
Dr. Tanvir Mustafy’s research is in the field of Structural Engineering, with particular focus on the complex Finite Element Modeling at the micro level of structures, Injury Biomechanics, Machine Learning and Analytic Mechanics.
Prior to joining MIST, Dr. Tanvir held PhD researcher position in University of Montreal, Canada. He worked as a member of a prestigious scientist group led by one of the most renowned Research Chairs of Canada during his doctoral period. Dr. Tanvir travelled to the France as a visiting scholar, and spent three months working in Aix-Marseille University. Dr. Tanvir also worked in Royal Military College of Canada as a visiting faculty. Dr. Tanvir also holds a MSc. degree in Structural Engineering from University of Alberta, Canada and a BSc. degree from BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- PhD (Structural Dynamics), University of Montréal, QC, Canada
- MSc (Structural Engineering), University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
- BSc (Major: Structure), Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET)
- Outstanding Researcher of the Year awarded GOLD MEDAL for excellence in PhD research and accomplishment (University of Montréal, QC, Canada).
- Prestigious NSERC Award winner in both MSc and PhD program in Canada.
- Best poster of the conference awarded by RSBO (34th Annual Research Congress, Montreal, Canada), May 2019.
- Best presentation of the conference (39e journée de la recherche du POES, Canada), April 2019.
- 3rd in the poster competition of the conference (1er Forum Franco-Québécois d’Innovation en Santé, Canada), Oct 2016
- Best overall presenter of the conference (Graduate Residence of University of Alberta), April, 2013
- 1st in the poster competition of the conference (Graduate Residence of University of Alberta), April, 2013
- 3rd Best poster of the conference (CSCE Graduate Student Poster Competition , 2013), March, 2013
- NSERC CREATE Best Poster Award (Alberta Biomedical Engineering Conference, Banff), Oct 2012
- Best Student Paper selected by NDI (European Society of Biomechanics Conference), July, 2012
- University Merit Scholarship seven times in undergraduate level, 2006-2011
- Dean’s Award three times in undergraduate level for securing a GPA of 3.75 or higher in two consecutive terms, 2006-2011
- 2nd Place winner of The First Inter University Civil Engineering based Software contest, BUET, Dhaka, 2009
- Professional Structural Engineer (SEng) by BUET, ICC (USA), RAJUK, URP and IEB
- Professional Engineer in Canada (EIT)
- Member of International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE)
- Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (CSCE)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- International Society of Bio-mechanics (ISB)
- Steel Structures
- Machine Learning
- Earthquake Engineering
- Rehabilitation of structures using fiber reinforced composite materials
- Nonlinear Analysis
- Structural Dynamics
- Finite Element Modeling
- Advanced composite materials
- Fracture and fatigue
- Advanced Computer Programming
- Fire/Temperature Effects on Concrete Structures
- Risk management