Room: 712, 7th Floor,
Department of Civil Engineering,
General Mustafiz Tower,
Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST)
Mirpur Cantonment, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
- M.Sc. & DIC in Structural Engineering, Imperial College London, United Kingdom.
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Commonwealth Scholarship in UK
- Academic year, 2016-2017
- MIST Medal-2013
- 1st position in the Department of Civil Engineering (Batch: CE-12)
- MIST Commandant’s List of honour – 2013
- Academic Session 2012-2013
- MIST Commandant’s List of honour – 2012
- Academic Session 2011-2012
- MIST Commandant’s List of honour – 2011
- Academic Session 2010-2011
- MIST Commandant’s List of honour– 2010
- Academic Session 2009-2010
- MIST Merit Scholarship, Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST) – 2011 to 2013
(For remaining within the top 5 in each level of undergraduate studies)
- Former AUST-Team member of SATREPS-TSUIB Project funded by JICA;
- Conceptual Design Project- New Taylor Theatre, UK (Group Project at ICL, UK);
- Detailed Design Project –Tall Building: Docklands Area, London, UK (M.Sc. Dissertation);
- Seismic Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Frames Retrofitted with Fiber Reinforced Polymers (FRP) (B.Sc. Dissertation)
 Member of Institute of Engineers (IEB), Dhaka, Bangladesh Membership No.: M-39607
 Member, Bangladesh Association of Commonwealth Scholars and Fellows (BACSAF)
- Structural Engineering
- Concrete Technology
- Soil-structure Interaction
- High Rise Building
- Seismic Vulnerability Assessment of Buildings
- Retrofitting of Structures
- Structural Safety & Disaster Risk Management of Infrastructures.
Personal Site / Research page / Any online URL (if applicable):
- Sabrin, R., Siddique, M. A. A., Sohel, A.K. (2018), "Seismic Performance Assessment of Existing RC Frames with Different Ultimate Concrete Strains", Civil Engineering Journal, Vol. 4, Issue 6, pp. 1273-1287, DOI: 10.28991/cej-0309172
CONFERENCE / CONGRESS
- Rishath Sabrin, Tanvir Manzur, Baishakhi Bose & Rubaiya Rumman (2015), “Nanotechnology: Bridging The Cracks Between Ancient And Modern Concrete Technology”, First International Conference on Advances in Civil Infrastructure and Construction Materials (CICM) 2015, MIST, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 14–15 December 2015, pp. 210-217.
- Sabrin, R., Manzur, T., Bose, B. & Rumman, R., “Nano-concrete: Benefits and Challenges over The Ancient Concrete Technology”, (Poster presentation) State of Art of Challenging Researches undertaken by Young Scientists in different branches of Science & Technology, 3rd Young Scientist Congress, Bangladesh Academy of Sciences, National Museum of Science and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 14-15 September, 2018.
- Knowledge disseminating session on the topic of ‘Construction and Innovation 2018 Dhaka’, jointly hosted by Meinhardt (Thailand) Ltd., Nippon Steel & Sumitomomo Metal Corporation, Japan and McDonald Steel Building Products Limited, held on 25 July, 2018 at The Westin, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Workshop 2 at ICREST-2019 on ‘Structural Health Monitoring of Civil Engineering Structures’ organized by American International University-Bangladesh (AIUB), Dhaka, Bangladesh, January 11, 2018.
- Training program on ‘Structural Vulnerability Assessment and Structural Health Monitoring’ on December 26, 2015 arranged by BUET-JIDPUS.
- Workshop on ‘Seismic Performance Assessment and Design of Structures’ organized by Department of Civil Engineering, MIST on April 19, 2014 (Trainer and Speaker: Dr. M. Shahria Alam, Associate professor, UBC, Canada)
Mechanics of Solids I & II
Design of Concrete Structures-II
Structural Analysis and Design-II & IV
Structure & Architecture-II, III & V
Computer Aided Drafting
Engineering Materials Sessional
Mechanics of Solids Sessional
Mechanics of Fluids Sessional
Details of Construction
Geotechnical Engineering Sessional-I & II
Structural Analysis and Design Sessional I & II
Water Resources Engg. Sessional-I & II
Computer Aided Analysis and Design of Structures
Prestressed Concrete Design Sessional etc.
- Assistant Professor, Department of CE, Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Mirpur Cantonment, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
Duration: April, 2020- present
- Assistant Professor, Department of CE, Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology (AUST), Dhaka, Bangladesh
Duration: April, 2018- April, 2020
- Lecturer, Department of CE, Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology (AUST), Dhaka, Bangladesh
Duration: April, 2014- April, 2018
- Lecturer, Department of CE, Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Dhaka, Bangladesh
Duration: January, 2014- April, 2014