Shariar Alam Santo
Lecturer , Department of Architecture
Teaching / Research Interest:
- Low-Cost Housing , Community and Affordable Housing, Urban Design, Water Urbanism, Landscape Architecture, Contemporary Architecture, Sustainable Architecture.
- Bachelor of Architecture from Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST) (2022)
- HSC from Chittagong College (2016)
- SSC from Chittagong Govt. High School (2014)
- Lecturer, Department of Architecture, MIST, Since September, 2022.
- Junior Architect at MODULE Architects, From April 2022 - August 2022.
- Intern Architect at ARC Architectural Consultant, From Dec 2020 – March 2021.
Awards & Recognitions:
- 1st position in the segment ‘Project Showcasing of Civil Engineering Festival 2019’ by Dept. of CE, MIST.
- Short Listed at ‘’WOMAN’S HOUSE – Kaira Looro ‘’ organised by Kaira Looro Architectural Design Competition for Young Architects, Africa.
- Placed MIST Commandant’s List of Honor in 2019.
- Placed in MIST Dean’s List of Honor twice for the year 2018 and 2021.
- Participated an workshop on “AN INTRODUCTION TO THE MORPHOGENETIC ARCHITECTURE-RHINO MODELING ESSENTIALS AND INTRODUCTION TO GRASSHOPPER” by Dept. of Architecture, MIST.
- Participated an workshop on “ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL BEHAVIOUR OF BUILDINGS” by Dept. of Architecture, MIST.
- Participated an workshop in “MAKING SMALL SPACES” - A Compact Workshop on Architectural Model Making’’ by Dept. of Architecture, MIST.
- Participated in “Building Material: Innovation and Affluence of Architecture” seminar with Ar. Foyez Ullah, Ar. Golam Morsalin Choudhury Rana, Ar. Jubair Hasan February 2018.
- Participated in “Environmental Responsibility of Architects and Local Practice” seminar with Ar. Nahas Ahmed Khalil, Dr. Khondakar Shabir Ahmed, Ar. Nurur Rahman Khan, Ar. Mohammad Foyez Ullah, Dr. Tapan Kumar Dhar, Dr. Sheikh Serajul Hakim February 2017.
- Participated in a photography exhibition organized by MIST PS (2018)
- Participated in a Project Showcasing in AUNKUR-2017 organized by MIST LCC (2017)
Skills in Computer Application:
Autodesk AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, Revit, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premier Pro, Corel Draw, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power-point), Sketch-Up, Lumion, V-ray for Sketchup , Twinmotion, Enscape for Revit.