Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering
Institute : Inha University, South Korea
Department : Mechanical Engineering (ME)
Topic of Thesis : Cellulose-Graphene Oxide Nanocomposite: A Renewable and Flexible Material for Sensors and Supercapacitor Electrode.
Bachelor of Science in Industrial & Production Engineering
Institute : Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh.
Department : Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE)
Topics of Thesis : Optimization of Retail Supply Chain Network.
Assistant Professor Feb 2021 – Present
Industrial and Production Engineering, MIST, Dhaka, Bangladesh
R&D Engineer May 2018 – Dec 2020
Motherson Elastomers Pty Ltd, Victoria, Australia.
Research Assistant Mar 2013 – Feb 2018
Inha University, Incheon, South Korea
OE/HES Specialist Sep 2011 – Feb 2013
Chevron Bangladesh, Bangladesh
Customer Relation Officer Jul 2010 – Aug 2011
Linde Bangladesh Ltd, Bangladesh.
Productivity Improvement Officer Oct 2009 – Jun 2010
Awards and Scholarships
- Dean’s Choice of the Best Researcher Award, Inha University, South Korea.
- Jungseok International Scholarship, Inha University, South Korea.
- Woojung Education and Culture Foundation scholarship, Booyoung Business Group, South Korea.
- Teaching Assistantship, Inha University, South Korea.
- Lab Assistantship, Inha University South Korea.
Design and Analysis: 2D and 3D mechanical design of parts and Assembly, Finite Element Analysis.
Materials Processing: Injection molding, Extrusion, Wet processing, Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVP), Compression Molding, Casting, Pulping, Defibrating, Laminating, Lift off process.
Material Characterization: X-Ray Diffraction (XRD), Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM), Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM), Optical Microscopy, Fourier-Transform Infra-Red Spectroscopy (FTIR), Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA).
Mechanical Testing: Tensile and Compression test, Creep and Fatigue Testing
Manufacturing: Welding, General Machining, Mill/Lathe.
Software: Auto-CAD 2D/3D, Solid Works, Catia, Origin, Microsoft Office.
Polymer Composite, Flexible Electronics, Finite Element Analysis, Smart Materials and Structure, Nano Cellulose based materials.
- JRN Gnidakouong, X Gao, A Kafy, J Kim, JH Kim, “Fabrication and electrical properties of regenerated cellulose-loaded exfoliated graphene nanoplatelet composites,” Carbon Letters 29, 115–122, 2019.
- D Tsalagkas, L Zhai, A Kafy, JW Kim, HC Kim, J Kim, “Production of Micro-and Nanofibrillated Cellulose through an Aqueous Counter Collision System Followed by Ultrasound: Effect of Mechanical Pretreatments,” Journal of Natural Fibers 1-12, 2018.
- A Kafy, HC Kim, L Zhai, JW Kim, LV Hai, TJ Kang, J Kim, “Cellulose long fibers fabricated from cellulose nanofibers and its strong and tough characteristics,” Scientific Reports 7, 17683, Dec 2017.
- T Jayaramudu, K Varaprasad, HC Kim, A Kafy, JW Kim, J Kim, “Calcinated tea and cellulose composite films and its dielectric and lead adsorption properties,” Carbohydrate Polymers 171, 183 -192, Sept 2017.
- A Kafy, A Akther, L Zhai, HC Kim, J Kim, “Porous cellulose/graphene oxide nanocomposite as flexible and renewable electrode material for supercapacitor,” Synthetic Metals 223, 94-100, Jan 2017.
- LV Hai. HC Kim, A Kafy, L Zhai, JW Kim, J Kim, “Green all-cellulose nanocomposites made with cellulose nanofibers reinforced in dissolved cellulose matrix without heat treatment,” Cellulose 24, 3301–3311, 2017.
- A Akther, A Kafy, L Zhai, HC Kim, MIR Shishir, J Kim, “Ultrasonic wave propagation of flexible piezoelectric polymer for tactile actuator: simulation and experiment,” Smart Materials and Structures 25(11), 115043, Oct 2016.
- A Kafy, A Akther, MIR Shishir, HC Kim, Y Yun, J Kim, “Cellulose nanocrystal/graphene oxide composite film as humidity sensor,” Sensors and Actuators A: Physical 247, 221-226, Aug 2016.
- HC Kim, SC Mun, HU Ko, L Zhai, A Kafy, J Kim, “Renewable smart materials,” Smart Materials and Structure 25, 073001, May 2016.
- A Kafy, KK Sadasivuni, A Akther, SK Min, J Kim, “Cellulose/graphene nanocomposite as multifunctional electronic and solvent sensor material,” Materials Letters 159, 20-23, Nov 2015.
- A Kafy, M Maniruzzaman, BW Kang, J Kim, "Fabrication and Characterization of Titanium Dioxide-Cellulose Composite and Its Urea Biosensing Behavior," Sensors and Materials 27(7), 539-548, 2015.
- KK Sadasivuni, A Kafy, HC Kim, HU Ko, SC Mun, J Kim, “Reduced graphene oxide filled cellulose films for flexible temperature sensor application,” Synthetic Metals 206, 154–161, Jun 2015.
- A Kafy, KK Sadasivuni, HC Kim, A Akther, J Kim, “Designing flexible energy and memory storage materials using cellulose modified graphene oxide nanocomposites,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 17, 5923–5931, Feb 2015
- KK Sadasivuni, A Kafy, L Zhai, HU Ko, SC Mun, J Kim, “Transparent and Flexible Cellulose Nanocrystal/Reduced Graphene Oxide Film for Proximity Sensing,” Small 11(8), 994-1002, Feb 2015.
- S Mun, M Maniruzzaman, H-U Ko, A Kafy, J Kim, “Preparation and characterisation of cellulose ZnO hybrid film by blending method and its glucose biosensor application”, Materials Technology, 30 (7), B150-B154, 2015.
- S Mun, MAH Khondoker, A Kafy, M Mohiuddin, J Kim, “Inkjet Printing of Customized Silver Ink for cellulose Electro Active Paper”, Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering 31 (8), 737-742, 2014.
- A Kafy, HC Kim, Y Yun, TJ Kang, J Kim, “Fabrication and characterization of cellulose nanofiber/graphene oxide blended fibers”, Nano-, Bio-, Info-Tech Sensors, and 3D Systems II 10597, 105970H 1 2018.
- A Kafy, J Kim, “Graphene Oxide Blended in Cellulose Nano Crystal Composite for Humidity Sensor,” International symposium on green manufacturing and applications (ISGMA 2017), Gyeongju, Korea, Jun 27-Jul 1, 2017.
- J Tippabattini, JW Kim, HU Ko, A Kafy, Y Li, J Kim, “Mechanical and electrical properties of calcinated tea-based cellulose composite films”, Nanosensors, Biosensors, Info-Tech Sensors, and 3D Systems 2017 10167, 101670F, 2017
- HU Ko, A Kafy, HC Kim, JM Kang, ES Choi, J Kim, "Fabrication of porous cellulose/graphene oxide composites and its energy storage characteristics," Proceedings of KSPE 2017 Spring Conference, Jeju, South Korea 17spp225, May 17-19, 2017.
- A Kafy, LV Hai, A Akther, MIR Shishir, J Kim, “Cellulose/graphene oxide composite for electrode materials of flexible energy devices,” Proceedings of 2017 SPIE Smart Structures/NDE, Portland, Oregon, USA, Mar 25-29, 2017.
- J Kim, HC Kim, L Zhai, A Kafy, “Recent Advancement of Renewable Smart Materials,” 3rd International Conference on Smart Materials & Structures, Orlando, USA, Mar 20-22, 2017.
- J Kim, HC Kim, L Zhai, JW Kim, A Kafy, “Zinc oxide – cellulose hybrid nanocomposites and their energy harvesting applications,” EMN Orlando Meeting on Caloric Materials, Orlando Fl, USA, Dec 11-15, 2016.
- HU Ko, A Kafy, J Kim, A Akther, JM Kang " Porous Structured Cellulose/Graphene Oxide Composite," Proceedings of KSPE Conference 2016, 346, Oct 26-28, 2016.
- A Kafy, L Zhai, J Kim, “Green all-cellulose composite reinforcing with nano fibrils cellulose from native hardwood pulp and recycled deinked paper”, KTAPPI Pan Pacific Conference 2016, 155-156, 1, 2016.
- A Kafy, MIR Shishir, HU Ko, EB Jo, J Kim, "Graphene oxide blended nanocrystalline cellulose composite," 15th International Conference on Electrorheological Fluids and Magnetorheological Suspensions (ERMR 2016), P1-55, Songdo, Incheon, Korea, Jul 4-8, 2016.
- A Kafy, A Akther, MIR Shishir, Eun Byul Jo, J Kim, “Synthesis and characterization of cellulose nanocrystal/graphene oxide blended films,” Proc. of 2016 SPIE Smart Structures/NDE, Vol.9802, pp.980204, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, Mar 20-24, 2016.
- A Akther, A Kafy, HC Kim, J Kim, “Feasibility of transparent flexible ultrasonic haptic actuator”, Nanosensors, Biosensors, and Info-Tech Sensors and Systems 2016 9802, 98021S, 2016
- A Kafy, J Kim, A Akther, L Zhai, “Cellulose nanocrystal graphene oxide composite,” Proceedings of KSPE Conference 2015, South Korea pp.118, Dec 2015.
- A Kafy, KK Sadasivuni, SC Mun, J Kim, “A tactile sensor made of graphene/cellulose nanocomposite,” Proceedings. of 2015 SPIE Smart Structures/NDE, Vol.9434, pp.943403, San Diego,USA, Mar 8-12, 2015. (Invited paper).
- A Akther, JH Kim, A Kafy, SH Song, “Numerical Analysis of Ultrasonic Haptic Actuator”, Proceedings of KSPE Conference 2015, South Korea pp.326, Dec 2015.
- HU Ko, HC Kim, A Kafy, SY Kim, J Kim, “Array haptic actuator for flight simulator”, Nanosensors, Biosensors, and Info-Tech Sensors and Systems 2015 9434, 94340Y 2 2015.
- KK Sadasivuni, X Gao, A Kafy, SC Mun, J Kim, “Electro-optic effect in polydimethylsiloxane-cellulose nanocrystal composite for reconfigurable lens systems,” International Symposium on Optomechatronics Technologies (ISOT2014), Seattle, USA, Nov 5-7, 2014.
- KK Sadasivuni, SC Mun, A Kafy, EB Jo, J Kim, “Cellulose Based Soft Actuator for Reconfigurable Lens,” International symposium on green manufacturing and applications (ISGMA 2014), Bexco, Korea, Jun 24-27, 2014.
- KK Sadasivuni, J Kim, M Yadav, A Kafy, SC Mun, “Synthesis and Characterization of Graphene/Cellulose Nanocomposite and its Temperature Sensing,” Proceedings of KSPE 2014 Jeju, South Korea, pp.199-200, May 14-16, 2014.
- A Kafy, M Yadav, KK Sadasivuni, SC Mun, X Gao, J Kim, “Synthesis and characterization of graphene/cellulose nanocomposite,” Proceedings of 2014 SPIE Smart Structures/NDE, Vol. 9060-7, San Diego, USA, Mar 9-13, 2014.
- S Mun, HU Ko, A Kafy, M Yadav, JH Kim, J Kim, “Fabrication and Application of ZnO nanorod grown ZnO-Cellulose Green Composite”, Proceedings of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering 2013.
- MAH Khondoker, A Kafy, M Mohiuddin, JH Kim, J Kim, “Conductive Silver Ink Customized for Inkjet Printing on Cellulose Electro-Active Paper”, Proceedings of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering Conference, 623-624, 2013.
- KK Sadasivuni, A Kafy, L Zhai, HU Ko, SC Mun, J Kim, “Multi-functional and Smart graphene filled polymers as piezoelectrics and actuators” Graphene-based polymer nanocomposites in electronics, Springer International Publishing, 67-90, 2015.